Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED), is a fairly common problem, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept it as a permanent condition. If you want to do something about it before having to try dangerous prescription drugs, there is hope. These 10 simple tips can help naturally cure your impotence safely and effectively.
1. Check your medication for possible side effects: Many prescription and over the counter medicines have side effects that can contribute to ED, such as: blood pressure drugs, antihistamines, antidepressants, tranquilizers, appetite suppressants, and certain ulcer drugs. If impotence is one of the confirmed side effects of the medication you are taking, ask your doctor if you can be prescribed an alternative that doesnâ€™t have ED as a side effect.
2. Let it go: Suffering from an occasional bout of ED is normal for men of all ages. Drinking too much, having too much stress, and not enough rest, can contribute to impotence. Obsessing over the last time you failed to get an erection won’t reverse the past and will only add to the stress and anxiety that may have caused the impotence in the first place.
3. Mix things up: Trying different sexual positions and settings can help you let go of the past.
4. Relax and enjoy yourself: Sex is an intimate act to be savored and shared with your partner, not a job interview that can torpedo your future if you fail to impress. Just think of your partner so you don’t have time to obsess about yourself.
5. Donâ€™t bottle up your feelings: Personal and marital problems can add to the stress and anxiety, making you more prone to suffering from impotence. It may help to discuss your feelings or any lingering resentments with your partner.
6. Talk about what you like: Too often, couples donâ€™t feel comfortable enough to communicate what they really like or turns them on. Talking about sex can increase intimacy may be just what the doctor ordered to break the sexual monotony. Don’t make your lover read your mind and assume what you like or don’t like.
7. Donâ€™t drink excessively before sex: Too much drinking can lead to “brewer’s droop”. Alcohol can impair your ability to get an erection.
8. See your doctor to determine the true cause of your ED: If your doctor has determined that your ED has no medical or physical cause, ask to be referred to a good therapist.
9. Get immediate treatment for crotch injuries: Injuries sustained to the crotch area is one of the leading causes of erectile dysfunction in younger men, which can occur while playing in sports such as cycling, basketball, wrestling, baseball, or any other sport where some sort of contact can be made inadvertently to the playerâ€™s crotch. These types of injuries do not heal on their own and require medical attention.
10. Balanced diet and nutrition: The proper diet and nutrition is essential for our bodies to meet its maximum potential. A balanced diet with all the nutrients is always ideal, and if thatâ€™s not always possible, thereâ€™s always quality supplements that can promote good health. There are many herbs that are safe and promote good health, such as green tea, echinacea, and horny goat weed. Read the labels, make sure the ingredients are all natural, and take them only as directed. Too much of anything can be detrimental to your health. In an undernourished and unhealthy body, the ability to get an erection is normally one of the first things to go.